So you had all heard the news and many of us blogged about it right away: Omniture acquired Visual Sciences for an amount equal to half the GDP of a small African country, but I digress😉
The convenient truth (that no one in the world of vendor partners will admit to) is this: it’s going to be a hell of a lot easier to market SiteCatalyst-class and Discover-class solutions, without having to have our clients choose between Omniture and Visual Sciences.
Let us look in detail at the new array of solutions being offered by the Jolly Green Giant (ho ho ho):
“Traditional” Omniture solutions:
- Omniture SiteCatalyst: with version 14 coming soon, this is undoubtedly the established standard for web analytics reporting. No surprise here.
- Omniture Discover: the Java-based 3D data exploration module that makes web data mining a breeze (notice how I bolded ‘web data’)
- Omniture Genesis: the hub module that ties together data from other solution partners for integration into SiteCatalyst
- Omniture TouchClarity: the BT (behavioral targeting) module
- Omniture Offermatica: the MVT (multi variable testing) module
- Omniture SearchCenter: the bid management tool (to bid on keyword auctions)
Rebranded former Visual Sciences solutions:
- HBX becomes… *drumroll* … SiteCatalyst HBX! As you can imagine, Omniture will no longer take on new HBX clients but will support existing customers until they eventually migrate to “regular” SiteCatalyst.
- Visual Site, Visual Sale, Visual Bid and Visual Search… Wellthey’re going the way of HBX so wait and see…
- Visual Workstation becomes … Discover On Premises! So far, everyone I have talked to agrees that the rebranding is misleading. Discover On Premises suggests that the product offers the same exploration capabilities as “regular” Discover but with the ability to host the solution in-house. Now when I bolded “web data” earlier, it was to emphasize the fact that Discover On Premises handles all sorts of marketing information: both web and offline data.
What about Platform 5 you ask? that’ s a question for a follow-up post🙂
In the meantime, please leave your consitructive comments at the beep🙂