Yesterday, during the Emetrics Summit in London we were given the opportunity to ask questions to a panel of Web Analytics vendors that covered most of the top players of the Industry. Jim called it the ‘Vendors Variety Hour‘. It was a pity that Ian Thomas could not participate as Microsoft hasn’t yet launched Gatineau😉 (looking forward to see you in the panel next year).
Last year during the Emetrics there was a question ‘Vendors name one thing you do better than WebTrends‘. This year I decided to bring again the question, but with a twist ;-):
‘Vendors, what would be your unique selling proposition?‘ And the twist was for Avinash that was actively representing Google: ‘Avinash you cannot say that GA USP is it’s free‘.
The answers to the question were:
SAS: Instant deployment of Business Intelligence on an enterprise wide level.
Omniture: Online Optimization (cf. Touch Clarity)
ClickTracks: Web Analytics that Sucks Less (internal mantra). The iPod of Web Analytics
WebSideStory: Moving away from Web Analytics –> Customer Analytics (speaking about Visual Sciences)
Unica: Integrable back-end & drag&drop interface.
WebTrends: We are Marketing. Our relational Database allows a consolidated customer view.
IndexTools: Price, we give all our features for less.
Google Analytics: Democratized data. Google Adwords & Search Engine Marketing integration.
There were also other very interesting questions as (sorry if they are not in the same words, this is from memory):
- Vendors, as Google analytics is a free tool that does a very decent job, why should I pay you to get a Web Analytics product?
- Vendors, help me convince my CEO!
- Vendors, how mush does it cost? You can read their answers to this question in the Yahoo Groups.
- Vendors, how long does it takes to get your first report?
- Vendors, regarding UI (User Interface), what features/functionality do you have to ease the access to your tool?
And of course, someone was looking for the magic pill😉 (the silver bullet):
- Vendors, imagine that a Genie came out of a lamp and could give you something instantly, it can be a feature for example. What would that be?
Regarding this last question I just wanted to share with you ClickTracks (Recognised by the community as the friendliest vendor ;-)) John Marshall‘s answer: Peace in the Middle-East!
I leave you with these words, and please if you think of any other questions, comment them hereunder, I’ll try to convince Jim to organise the same format in California😉, so don’t hesitate to attend, it’s not yet sold out!
I wanted to congratulate the members of the panel for their courage and willingness to answer questions that were for some of them little tough😉
Have a nice day,
P.S. Jim, if you have a picture of the panel, could you please send it? I’ll update the post with the picture. (Done, thank you Jim ;-))